Improve your confidence and ability to speak in public. Engage more with your audience and deliver your message.
This intensive evening workshop will provide attendees with insights & knowledge to improve their public speaking ability.
The focus is upon skills development in a supportive learning environment.
Maximum group size of 12 people.
Learn with an acclaimed practitioner!
It is led by David Stringer-Lamarre a well recognised and accomplished public speaker. He is the Managing Director of Fortis Consulting London and also the Chairman of the Institute of Directors, London Region. David regularly speaks to business audiences and has done so in many venues and settings. These include the Mansion House in the City of London, the House of Lords, the House of Commons, the Law Society, Chartered Accountants Hall and the Institute of Directors and also within various companies and universities.
Feedback from attendees:
- ‘Excellent coverage of the main practice points’
- ‘Thank you David, very informative’
- ‘Very useful, great pointers’
- ‘Right balance of tuition and group exercise’
- ‘Good fresh content, succinct and structured’
- ‘Very useful. Thank you!’
18:00 to 20:30
- Two sessions: 18:00 to 19:15 & 19:25 to 20:30
The East India Club is an exclusive private club in central London. Map.
- Preparing your speech, some tips and pointers
- Dress, posture, preparing to adapt to the situation and the audience
- Different speaking styles
- Managing your nerves and any ‘stage fright’
- Getting ready to speak; be ready when you are called
- Scanning the room during your speech
- Voice control, intonation and delivery speed
- Opening and closing statements
- ‘Using silence’ within your speech
- Working within the time frame available, short or long
- Body language and non-verbal communication
- Responding to comments and questions from your audience
- ‘Take Aways’ – personal development plan
Course Requirements, Date & Fee
- Willingness to learn and engage with others in a short intensive period
- 2 October 2018
- £225 (+ VAT of £45). Price including VAT: £270
*Subject to remaining unsold.
Click here for ‘Open Seminar – Terms & Conditions’
Contact us for more details and to book:
- 020 7193 6953
One to one or small group coaching is available. This can be for general skills uplift or to assist in the preparation of a specific presentation or set of presentations. The Fortis Consulting London cross cultural team can also provide inputs when preparing to address an audience in a particular country or region.