David Stringer-Lamarre, MD of FortisCL and Chairman of the Institute of Directors, London Region was pleased to make the opening speech at the this conference organised by the Chinese Association of Financial Executives, held at the Institute of Directors, London.
David spoke about the relationship between UK & China during Golden Era 2.0 and the interest that exist among UK based companies in the Belt Road Initiative.
Speeches were then made by:
- Mr Xu Jin, Minister Counsellor of the Economic and Commercial Office at the Chinese Embassy in the UK
- Mr Munsur Ali, Councillor, City of London Corporation
- Mr Yongwei Fu, Executive Deputy Governor, Shangcheng District People’s Government
- China UK “Belt & Road” Bilateral Fund and its implementation Hongsheng Xiao, Director at JRD
- Belt and Road Bilateral Investment Opportunities as New Growth Point of Global Economy Henry Tillman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Grisons Peak; Founder and Editor, China Outbound Investments
- Economic Cooperation under Belt and Road Initiative: Investment Opportunities between Europe and China Bo Li, Investment Director of CNIC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO., LTD.
Panel Discussion 1: China’s Opening up agenda in Financial Services and opportunities to both domestic and overseas asset managers
Moderator: Sophia Wang, General Secretary, CAFE UK
Panelists: Guoping Xiao, Chairman and CEO, Yongan Guofu Asset Management Kevin Zhao, Head of Global Sovereign and Currency Fixed income, UBS Asset Management Eko Yin, Partner, Generation Investment Management Xiao Fu, Head of commodity Markets Strategy, Bank of China International
Panel Discussion 2: Identifying areas that China UK can cooperate in “Belt and Road” initiative Moderator: Hongshen Xiao, Director, JRD Panelists: Bo Li, Investment Director of CNIC CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO., LTD. Howard Dawber, MD, Head of Strategy, Canary Wharf Group Frank Mao, Partner, Atlantic Capital and Technology Ltd