David Stringer-Lamarre, MD of FortisCL and Chair, International Trade Group, British Malaysian Society was pleased to attend this event.
The event was organised by DAC Beachcroft. The British Malaysian Society was a support organisation.
The digital event looked at market analysis, market trends and available opportunities for overseas investment into the UK real estate market.
David said that 3 key takeaways were:
- continuing demand and support for prices of residential housing
- approximately 10% fall in office space demand, part of an existing trend
- resilience of commercial property demand in London from global investors
Expert speakers were:
- Chris Pilgrim, Executive Director and leads CBRE Global Capital Markets for South East Asia at CBRE.
- Simon Brown, Director CBRE Research UK.
- Emily Prideaux, Director of Leasing at Derwent London.
- David Manifould, Corporate Real Estate Partner at DAC Beachcroft
- Lord Hunt of Wirral (David Hunt), Partner at DAC Beachcroft
The event was be moderated by Glenn Ruddy, Real Estate Partner at DAC Beachcroft.