David Stringer-Lamarre, MD of FortisCL was pleased to act as moderator for this event. He is also the Chair of the Institute of Directors, London Region and Chair, International Trade Group, British Malaysian Society.
This webinar, run by IoD and the British Malaysian Society provided an update on current developments in 5G . This 5th generation of wireless communications is a huge leap forward as it is not just a network. 5G will become the underpinning for the entire digital economy , capable of generating trillions of pounds of value. Its introduction will not only impact mobile users but it will impact on businesses in terms of facilitating innovation and enabling new services which could be critical to the productivity and success of the UK as a nation.
The panel of speakers covered regulatory aspects, implications for SMEs, current leading edge research at the 5G Innovation Centre at The University of Surrey and useful views from a global operator of 5G solutions . There was also a presentation on the findings of the recent EY Enterprise 5G Survey.
- Adrian Baschnonga, Lead Analyst, Global Telecommunications, Associate Director, EY, Knowledge
- Heli Frosterus, Spectrum Policy Principal, Ofcom
- Bernard Hunt, 5G Programme Manager, 5GIC, University of Surrey
- Andrew Lambert CEng FIET MIoD, Founder and CEO of Electronic Media Services Ltd (EMS) and Founder and COO of Fibre Ltd
- John Crawford, General Manager International 5G, Enterprise Innovate and 5G Solutions, Verizon Business Group