David Stringer-Lamarre, MD of FortisCL, within his role as Chairman of the Institute of Directors, London Region, was pleased to attend this Institute of Directors, South Region event, held in The Shard.
A wide range of topics were discussed including:
- imparting your vision to your staff,
- broadcasting your offering to your customers
- presenting good and bad news to the public
- how to make sure your message is cutting through the noise, being believed, being acted upon
Alex Pratt, Chairman of IoD South Region delivered the opening address. This was followed by a welcome by Professor James Hayton, Pro Dean External Relations, Warwick Business School.
The speakers were moderated by Edwin Morgan, IoD, Director of Policy.
Panel members & topics:
- Jeremy and Esther Higham of Higham & Company on communicating authentically and how to “walk the talk”.
- Sue Kong, Director , NHS with tips on how to communicate without a budget.
- Alison Nolan, Head of Communications for Southeastern Railway, on how to communicate in a crisis.
- James Poulter, Head of Emerging Platforms at Lego Group, on getting ahead with future comms technology – will machines be speaking for us in the future?
Image: Alison Nolan, Head of Communications, Southeastern Railway and David Stringer-Lamarre