David Stringer-Lamarre, MD of FortisCL was pleased to be the event Chair for this engaging conversation with the expert panel.
- Lord Tim Clement-Jones. Consultant of global law firm DLA Piper. House of Lords Liberal Democrat spokesman for Digital. Co-Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence. Chair of the Advisory Council of the Institute for Ethical AI in Education.
- Sir Nigel Shadbolt. Leading researcher in AI, Principal of Jesus College Oxford and a Professor of Computing Science at the University of Oxford. He is chairman of the Open Data Institute.
- Katie King. Published Author, Speaker and Consultant on Artificial AI. Member of the UK Government All-Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) task force for the adoption of AI. Author of Using Artificial Intelligence in Marketing: How to Harness AI and Maintain the Competitive Edge)
Various topics were covered including the following.
- What actually is AI and where are with it at present?
- It is really different this time around?
- Innovation & regulation. Are these two mutually exclusive?
- Successfully implementing AI. Do you have any good or bad examples you can share with us?
- What is the regulatory risk involved with AI and how do we manage it?
- Corporate governance. Are company directors ‘fit for purpose’ when engaging with AI?