The objective of the consultancy is to enable the organisation to improve its communication & engagement with its private sector targets.
It is led by David Stringer-Lamarre, Managing Director of FCL & Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London.
Many universities, public & third sector organisations wish to connect & engage effectively with companies in the private sector.
- Sell their services & expertise to private companies
- Engage with private sector companies to generate investment
- Uplift their own profile by partnering with high visibility companies
- Generate research income
- Benefit from private sector knowledge & skills to improve organisational performance
Organisations often find engagement difficult resulting in many missed opportunities. This may be for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- A lack of a clear engagement strategy
- Inability to ‘speak the language’ of the private sector
- Failure to articulate the beneficial reasons to work together
- Not using a range of techniques to make & maintain contact
- Ineffective business development strategies &/or skills
Our analysis involves a consideration of the current position of your organisation.
- What are your value propositions?
- Who are your targets?
- How are you engaging with them?
- Why should they buy from you?
The project scope will be tailored to the needs of each organisation. Here are some potential analytical areas for consideration:
- How appropriate is the private sector engagement strategy?
- Are the marketing and PR practices supporting corporate engagement? Is your organisation ‘well known’ amongst companies?
- Are you ‘selling’ the right things? Does the market want them?
- Are the value propositions to the client simple and clear?
- Quality & quantity of corporate connections
- What are the skills levels of key staff?
- [Do people understand the organisational objectives?]
- [How far are staff ‘buying into’ the corporate engagement strategy?]
Analysis may involve a consideration of hard & soft copy documentation and meetings with relevant people and teams (Leadership, Marketing, HR, Business Development, Corporate Engagement etc.).