David Stringer-Lamarre was pleased to have been invited to attend this event in the House of Lords: Trust in an Era of ‘Alternative’ Facts. Is confidence in Governance and the Media retrievable?
A wide range of topics were considered including the following.
- What are the implications of the global trust crisis?
- Can we ‘break’ this distrust cycle-how?
- Can we increase public demand for quality media and empower citizens through media and information literacy?
The panel discussion was hosted by The Rt. Hon. The Lord Alderdice.
- The Rt Hon Tobias Ellwood MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Defence
- Tawakkol Karman, 2011 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- Elif Shafak, Author, Columnist, Speaker & Academic
Image: The Lord Alderdice & David Stringer-Lamarre