Institute of Directors, City of London and the British Malaysian Society. 30th June 2015
Standard Chartered Bank, 1 Basinghall Avenue, London EC2V 5DD
David Stringer-Lamarre, within his capacity as Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London was very pleased to be the Event Chairman for this interesting event. The IoD City of London worked in partnership with The British Malaysian Society and Standard Chartered Bank.
The Association of South East Nations (ASEAN) community is a political, socio-cultural and economic organisation of 10 South East Asian countries. With a combined population of approximately 617 million people and a GDP of USD 2.3trn, if the Association were a single entity it would rank as the seventh largest economy in the world.
The Lord Mayor, Alderman Alan Yarrow, informed attendees about his May visit to Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore. He was be joined by a panel of eminent speakers who will discussed Malaysia’s chairmanship of ASEAN and what the ASEAN integration means for business and the financial sector, together with the roadmap, progress made and what lies ahead.
Speakers and panel members:
- The Right Honourable the Lord Mayor of London, Alderman Alan Yarrow – Keynote Speaker
- Nur Herzazzila Ghazali, Second Secretary, High Commission of Malaysia
- Wahida Abdul Rahman of the Malaysian Investment Development Authority
- Dr Mohamed Razeen Sally, Associate Professor, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore
- Vasuki Shastry, Global Head of Public Affairs, Standard Chartered Bank