David Stringer-Lamarre, Managing Director of Fortis Consulting London, within his role as Chairman of the Institute of Directors (IoD) , City of London was pleased to attend this event and provide some remarks on behalf of IoD City of London.
- Reduction in the corporate income tax rate for 96% of companies
- Increase in infrastructure investment by 16%
- 3,500 kms of railways lines to be commissioned in 2017
- Digital infrastructure to be further strengthened
- Increased digitisation of the economy
- Financial sector. Proposed further liberalisation of the Foreign Direct Investment Policy
The event at India House, the High Commission of India, discussed the recent Indian budget. Also to the panel considered potential opportunities for British & Indian to further increase their commercial partnerships.
It was a pleasure for IoD City of London to work with the Confederation of Indian Industry to support this event.
The panel members:
- Lord Karan Bilimoria, House of Lords
- VindiBanga, Clayton, Dubilier& Rice
- N Shankar, Vice President and Head – UK & Ireland, Tata Consultancy Services
- Devie Mohan, FinTech Market Strategist
- Satyendra Srivastava, Partner, Khaitan Legal Associates
Picture: Right to left HE Mr Sinha, Lord Bilmoria, Mr Banga, Mr Stringer-Lamarre & Mr Patnaik, Deputy High Commissioner