David Stringer-Lamarre, within his role as Chairman of IoD City of London was pleased to be a panel member within this Birkbeck University conference.
The Transforming Institutions by Gendering contents and Gaining Equality in Research (TRIGGER) project at Brikbeck University is part of a five country European consortium championing the role of female academics in scientific subjects.
The conference began with speakers sharing their findings
- Gender Cultures – Dr Viviana Meschitti
- Leadership – Jeanne Le Roux
- Mentoring – Dr Viviana Meschitti
- Babylab – Dr Teodora Gliga
- Networking – Prof Colette Henry
- Commercialisation – Prof Helen Lawton Smith
The panel was moderated by Prof Colette Henry. There was a wide ranging discussion about women and leadership and how systems and skills may contribute to increase the amount of women in leadership positions.
- Amanda Bennett, Fairplay Enterprises
- Aggie Cooper, Aramco Overseas Company UK Ltd
- Sally Hardy, Regional Studies Association
- Dr Gemma Irvine, Higher Education Authority Ireland
- David Stringer-Lamarre