David Stringer-Lamarre within his role as Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London, was pleased to attend this event within the Grocer’s Hall in the City of London. An interesting set of presentations and discussion about China’s work in the area of Big Data and the collaboration with UK companies.
Professor Alan Barrell Chairman of BBD UK Ltd provided the opening remarks and set the framework for the event. Welcome speeches were provided by Mr gao Jianjun, Deputy Secretary General of the Municipal People’s Government, Chengdu and Mr Zeng Tu, CEO of BBD China.
Helen Wang CEO, BBD UK moderated the panel discussion
- Professor Ben Shenglin, Zhejiang University
- Richard Baker, Chairman, Crowdsurfer
- David Wu, China FinTech Head, Ernst & Young
- James Clark, Head of Tech, London Stock Exchange
- Marco Jean Aboav, Head of Asset Allocation, Moneyfarm
Various topics were covered including insurance, company due diligence, alternative lending, regulation and the analysis and use of Big Data