Peking University, Guanghua School of Management. 28 February 2016
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park Hotel, Knightsbridge, London
David Stringer-Lamarre, within his role as Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London, was pleased to have been invited to speak at this event.
He spoke about the role of the Institute of Directors at a national level and the work of the Institute of Directors, City of London, with respect to ‘helping business happen’. With respect to UK-Sino trade the Institute of Directors, City of London, has its own China Special Interest Group, which will be ten years old in the autumn of 2016. This group focuses on helping drive forward UK China trade. David also spoke about the need to improve understanding of effective business engagement between the two countries. He also mentioned the topic of corporate governance.
Speakers in order of delivery:
- Prof Hongbin Cai, Dean of Guanghua School of Management
- Mr Xu Jin, Minister Counsellor, Embassy of China
- Mr David Stringer-Lamarre, IoD City of London
- Mr Xingang Wang, Scotiabank
- Ms HJ Coulson, Chopsticks Club
- Mr James Bannerman, Author of GENIUS!