David Stringer-Lamarre, within his role as Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London, was pleased to have been invited to attend this interesting event at the Residence of the Ambassador of Belgium.
A welcome address was provided by HE Mr Guy Trouveroy – Ambassador of Belgium to the United Kingdom
The Ambassador was followed by Mrs Cécile Jodogne – State Secretary for Foreign Trade at Brussels Capital Region.
There were then presentation by:
- The Belgian banking and financial sector landscape, by Mr Michel Vermaerke – CEO of the Belgian Financial Sector Federation (Febelfin)
- The Belgian Financial services supervisors, by Mr Tom Franck – Deputy Head of Cabinet of the Belgian Minister of Finance
- The Belgian legal framework for financial services, by Mrs Lounia Czupper, lawyer, Clifford Chance
- Yannick Adiaenssens (Febelfin)
- Laurent Godts (Laga/Deloitte)
- Stefanie Pauwels/Nele Godefroid (KPMG)
- Jacques Richelle (LawSquare/PWC)
The evening was very informative providing information about Belgium how business is presently conducted and potential options for UK based companies to engage with the country.
Image: HE Mr Guy Trouveroy – Ambassador of Belgium to the United Kingdom & David Stringer-Lamarre