David Stringer-Lamarre, within his role as Chairman of the Institute of Directors, City of London was pleased to attend and speak at this event.
Following the 19th National People’s Congress in Beijing, Minister Counsellor Jin Xu from the Chinese Embassy in London commented on the Congress and the plans for the next 5 years.
There was then a consideration of the approaches to Corporate Governance within the UK & China and the increased use of the UK markets as a listing destination by Chinese companies.
- Minister Counsellor Jin Xu- Chinese Embassy
- Matt Butlin- Head of Equities at Allenby Capital
- Suwei Jiang- PWC London Partner China business group
- Glyn Taylor- CMS London Partner China business group
- John McLean OBE- Chairman China City Group and IoD City Committee member
Image left to right: Suwei Jiang, PWC, David Stringer-Lamarre, Minister Counsellor, Chinese Embassy Jin Xu, John McLean, Chairman China City Group, Glyn Taylor, CMS, Mei Sim Lai & MAtt Butlin, Allenby Capital